April - NaPoWriMo - 7

In sun-cut shadow
Dark-haired half-unseen he seemed
The one, not who I
Thought, a stranger, loved him though
He’d never change.

In sun-lit day my
Eyes need to adjust to see
Change cannot mend it
Still the changeling arrow blends
Two into one.

Sun holds my heart he
Keeps my soul protected stills
My fear, no more I’ll
Catch a stranger’s eye or hide
Unseen, fills me.

In sun-cut shadow
I’m not who he thought me still
As one together
Bought a promise, future hope
Found love we sought.

Sunlight will wake
The changing hope makes both
More than before.

ReadWritePoem #7 said we should write a tanka about an amusing romantic episode. I guess I lost the rules along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missed Connections

Easter Sunday Prayer

Holy Saturday Prayer