February drabbles - 18

I didn’t know what it was when I first heard it – the clanking sound like something mechanical grappling with its constraints. The young man beside me was my husband, newly-wed, and he pointed my gaze at the wires near the tops of the masts. “Just the wind,” he said. “Just the tackle blowing in the wind.”

His arm wrapped gently round my waist, but my heart continued its steady unaltered beat, something natural, constrained.

Today, when I hear the song of the boats, my heart seems to smile and remember, only those things held in check can truly be free.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.
Your comments are always welcome.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend,
God bless you and your family,

Mr. and Mrs. Geezer

Popular posts from this blog

Missed Connections

Easter Sunday Prayer

Holy Saturday Prayer