I went to the release party for the NIWA "Journey" anthology last weekend. Someone told me my story "Siobhan of the Roses" almost made him cry. He made my day! Go to https://www.amazon.com/JOURNEY-2025-NIWA-Anthology-Anthologies/dp/B0FBS945TN/ to see if it almost makes you cry too.
The sign said Pre-Kart. I wondered what a pre-cart might be. A go-kart from the time before go-karts? Maybe something your parents pulled you in, like a wagon. Or maybe a go-kart before the time of wheels, and a Pre-Kart could be just a box. Or it could mean Pre-K Art, but by then I'd walked a long way past the sign and couldn't know.
On keeping a picture of my dog as a screensaver. Desktop, the screen- Saver, it seems Alright. She used to wait; Me typing; her fate My plight. Face turned away; Eyes turned; they say Goodbye. Why do I keep Her picture? See, Still mine. Look in her eyes— Still black and white, Still shine. Memories can’t feel Memories can’t steal The time. Image refreshed Background redressed Hey there. Dark against light Dream against night Not fair. Can’t hear her paws Can’t see her—pause— Not there. Can’t feel her fur Watching her stir Aware. Till one last time, One last sad line, Despair. Desktop: The screen Saver still seems alright. Written for ReadWritePoem #6, converse with images
Comments