Litany



When rain was falling in torrents I prayed to you.
When you gave me too much sunshine I prayed to you.
When you froze me out with snow I prayed to you.
When you warmed me with the melting frost I prayed.

Facing strangers from a distant province I prayed to you
Facing neighbors who called themselves friends of mine I prayed
Knowing not where I should go I prayed to you.
And choosing to go where I wasn’t led I prayed.

When sense dissolved into nonsense I prayed to you.
When dreams dissolved into nightmares still I prayed.
When daytime came too slow I prayed to you
And when it left again too fast I prayed.

When tears are falling in torrents I’ll pray to you
My comfort and sublimest hope I’ll pray.
Wherever I turn or go I’ll pray to you
From here until the last my Lord I’ll pray.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joyful Tears

Putting the Cart before the Horse Perhaps

Missed Connections